My Favorite Banana Bread
With its super-moist and buttery texture, banana and brown sugar flavors, soft crumb, and 1,000+ reviews, this is a delicious AND undeniably popular banana bread recipe. You need 4 large ripe bananas.
Makes 1 loaf
2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned & leveled
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
2 large eggs at room temperature
1/3 cup plain yogurt or sour cream at room temperature
2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 large ripe bananas)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Optional: 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Continued in next column
Easy, Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole
This easy breakfast casserole is infinitely adaptable. The version written below with sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, spinach, and cheddar cheese is generally the most popular with guests. You can assemble the entire dish and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before baking.
4 cups of crusty bread cubes
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound ground pork sausage, casings removed
1 teaspoon dried rosemary or Italian seasoning, optional
3/4 chopped yellow onion (or ½ of a large onion)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chopped bell peppers
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup roughly chopped fresh spinach
12 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup milk or half-and-half
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Optional garnish: green onion and/or chopped parsley
3. Remove sausage and vegetable mixture from heat and spread in an even layer on top of bread.
4. Whisk the eggs, salt, pepper, milk, and cheese together. Evenly pour over sausage/vegetable mixture. Add another sprinkle of salt and pepper on top.
5. Cover casserole with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. (When ready to bake, allow to sit at room temperature for 10–15 minutes as oven preheats.)
6. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake the casserole, uncovered, until the top is golden, edges are crisp, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40–45 minutes.
7. Cool for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
8. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave to your liking.
Simply click on the recipes listed below!
-Baked Acorn Squash-
-Balsamic-Glazed Red Onions-
-Greek Green Beans-
-Layered Bean Dip-
-Mexican Street Corn-
-Roasted Butternut Squash Soup-
-Roasted Red Pepper Sauce-
-Sweet Potato Hash-
-Tomato, Corn & Bean Salad-
-Zucchini & Yellow Squash Patties-